Thursday, June 16, 2011

Works in Progress - part II


This is my third sketch with this concept of two women embracing. In comparison to the other two sketches, I stiffened the pose of the woman on the right and lowered her head to add fear into her form.

Here is my color study, well it's more of a tonal study than a color study, but I did attempt to plan out what colors to use for atmospheric mood. This scan of this study is not very faithful to the actual study, but it doesn't matter, I will be altering the colors. More studies are needed.

A few hours were devoted to developing heavy textures with soft textures, as well as the lights and darks of the "landscape." This is a fun painting to do. I have a vision in my head of what it should be. When I close my eyes, it is as clear as a glass of spring water. When I open my eyes, I am not clear of what I need to do to achieve my vision.

A series of sketches for a concept not developing the way I want it to. I am just not thinking of or feeling a meaningful reason for the three dancers. Maybe I will return to original concept the center woman stood alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment